Approximately 25 percent of Americans “worry” about their finances most or all of the time, a recent gallop poll revealed. This poll stated that most didn’t believe their income could take care of household costs; with other areas of concern including unexpected medical expenses and retirement.Sponsored Listings
While there is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to easing financial stress, being proactive by making changes to specific areas within your life can sometimes help with the burden. The first thing you’ll want to do (if you haven’t done one already) is create a budget.
Ensure you are taking a portion of your income and placing it towards retirement savings, and list all the household and entertainment expenses you incur on a monthly basis. Also, ensure there are sections around debt repayment, as a lot of what triggers financial stress is debt and credit cards. One of the biggest mistakes some people make is having a plethora of those plastic cards, when only one is really needed.Sponsored Listings
With reward credit cards being all the rage these days, especially ones that offer cash back percentage for purchases charged; these tend to be the ones customers gravitate towards when they decide they want (and only really require) one credit card for their spending needs.
Capital One offers the Quicksilver as a fantastic option; not only as a rewards card, but one that provides numerous benefits that can ease the stress for those who suffer to overcome financial worries.Advertisement
First, with a $0 annual fee, there are no additional costs linked to the Quicksilver, so holders can save some money there. With a flat rate of 1.5% cash back in rewards for all purchases charged, this “money back” can be saved up and used for big-ticket items, holiday expenses, vacations, or simply weekly groceries! Additionally, the Capital One Quicksilver provides new card holders with a bonus that earns shoppers a $150 of cash-back (one-time) reward when they charge a minimum of $500 in the first three months of having the credit card. Quicksilver also provides customers with a 0% interest rate on new purchases for the first 15 months.
Need to consolidate prior credit card debt to ease your anxiety, and start a solid repayment plan? Quicksilver offers no transfer fee when doing this, and not only will you be focusing on paying off one amount by transferring other credit card debt to the account, but you’ll be saving money as well if the interest rate on the other cards are higher than the one offered by Quicksilver.Advertisement
Other benefits of the card to help add some financial comfort include:
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: If you like to travel abroad, no need to worry about transaction fees when charging items on this credit card.
- Travel Assistance Services (24-Hour): Speaking of travel, should your card get stolen or lost, clients receive an emergency replacement card, as well as a cash advance.
- Travel Accident Insurance: No extra charge for automatic insurance around covered loss on fares.
- Instant Purchase Notifications: Worried about overspending? No need to fret any longer! Quicksilver sends you push notifications every time you purchase an item, which not only helps to keep you on a budget, but also important when it comes to credit card fraud on your account.
- $0 Fraud Liability: Should a card get stolen or lost, clients are not held responsible for charges not authorized.
- Extended Warranty: Added warranty protection at no charge is offered on specific items.
At the end of the day, we have all experienced high financial stress at one point or another in our lives, and credit cards can be easy to rack up, creating a very difficult debt to dig out of. Yet, credit cards are needed in everyday life; from booking a trip, to online purchases, securing a hotel room, buying music on your device, and so much more.Advertisement
At the end of the day, the key is to follow some simple steps, so that your credit card debt doesn’t get out of hand:
- Track your spending! If you know how much you are charging on your credit card, you may be less likely to purchase things you don’t need.
- If possible, pay off balances each and every month.
- If paying off balances is not possible, then try and allot a larger payment from your budget, or at the very least make minimum payments on time, monthly.